The Certification Course Instructor Downloads section of the National Child Passenger Safety Board website includes a number of files, including written and skills assessment instructions and tips on using the PPT slides and videos.
- Planning and Logistic Guide: New Curriculum (ver 1/2020)
- Sample Course Evaluation - ver. 1/2020
- 2020 Certification Course Modules and Objectives
- Pre-Course Meeting: Moving Beyond Logistics - ver. 10/2013
- Curriculum Add-ons: Do's and Don'ts - ver. 5/2020
- Instructor Hours tracking worksheet - 3 DAY (Excel)
- Instructor Hours tracking worksheet - 4 DAY (Excel)
- Link to all IC and Tech Proxy forms
- Skills Evaluation 4 Checkup Event Guidelines- ver. 5/2020
- Course Administrator Application - ver. 9/2020 - What is a Course Adminstrator?
- Terms: Spanish-English - ver. 3/2006
CHES Contact Hours
In order for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) attending a Certification Course to receive 6 basic Category 1 contact hours, they must complete and return the application to Safe Kids within 30 days of the course. There is no pre-course required needed by the Lead Instructor.
- CHES Continuing Credit Application - ver. 3/2018
Nursing Contact Hours
Safe Kids is pleased to provide CNE for the CPST Certification course (students only). This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Emergency Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The course will provide 24.0 contact hours of CNE.
Course must be at least 30 hours.
The Lead Instructor must notify Safe Kids about intent to provide CNE (at least 3 weeks in advance) – Safe Kids will confirm eligibility.
CNE Forms - Lead Instructor
- Steps for Offering CNE - READ THIS FIRST
- Disclosure Handout
- Instructor Conflict of Interest Form
- Daily Roster
- Activity Evaluation
- Activity Evaluation Summary
CNE Form - Nurses
Other Contact Hours
If you are interested in submitting a CEU request to your state credentialing agency (such as EMS or law enforcement POST credits), the 2020 Certification Course Modules and Objectives may be helpful. They are available for download.