If you can’t find the answer to a certification-related question on this website, refer to the National CPS Certification Policies & Procedures Manual.
Download or open the Policies & Procedures Manual. To find information quickly, try these tips for searching the manual:
- Click on the link in the Table of Contents to go to that section directly.
- Open the PDF. In the “Edit” menu (top menu bar), select “Find”. Enter your search word or phrase.
- Open the PDF. Hold the Control key and the F key on your keyboard. Enter your search word or phrase.
Safe Kids Worldwide constantly reviews, revises and clarifies our CPS certification policies and procedures based on the questions and feedback we receive. While the most recent manual is available here, check back from time to time for an updated version.
National CPS Certification Policies & Procedures Manual
Policy Addendum: CPST Recertification and COVID-19 and FAQs
Note: The ability to enter the alternatives will be in CPST profiles as of Sept. 20.
- 9/8: Added reference to CPST recertification and COVID-19 policy; Added expectations of CEU presenters (p. R-7)
- 5/15: Added language about extensions for emergencies
- 5/4: Changed time required to add a course online from 6 weeks to 4 weeks.
- 2/21: Specified that the recertification reminder is mailed to US addresses only. Added Desk Audits under Course Administration.
- 1/30: Updated for new Skills Testing and Renewal Testing Course detail
- 12/4: Updated for new website
- 8/7 - IC teaching requirements
- 7/24 - Clarified mock seat checks
- 1/7 - Updated fees
- 10/22 - Added January 1 fee change information
- 7/24 - Corrected URL training.safekids.org
- 7/10- Updated appeals to include regional contact and follow up
- 3/14 and 26 - Minor edits
For assistance, please contact CPS Certification at 202-875-6330 or CPScert@safekids.org.