- Recertification Flyer - ver. 6/2023
- Instructor/Tech Proxy: Seat Check Sign Off Worksheet - ver. 8/2020
- Personal Recertification Worksheet - ver. 7/2020
- CPST Self Test - ver 1/2020
- Continuing Professional Development: What does this really mean for CPS Technicians? - 2/2018
- Technician Recertification Sponsorship letter - ver. 2/2018
- Tips on How to Earn Your CEUs (at home, no fees)- ver. 4/2020
Online/Web Sessions (Category 4)
Brought to you by State Farm, the National Child Passenger Safety Board and Safe Kids.
Note: All CPSTs watching a live webinar must watch at least 45 minutes to earn a CEU or CHES credit. If you join late or must log off, do not enter the CEU in your online profile unless you have attended for 45 min.
Recreational Vehicles & Child Occupants: Guidelines for CPST’s/CPSTI’s to provide to Parents
Thursday, October 12, 2023
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm ET (1 CEU)
Online CEU Options
- Online Profile - Two manufacturers provide online CEUs through special links in currently certified technicians' online profiles by clicking on the Online CEUs action item and selecting on Britax or Evenflo. Follow the instructions provided.
- Safe Kids Worldwide - Choose from a variety of online courses. Earn a CEU after taking each course and passing the online quiz. Users may log in and out to complete the modules.
- Child Passenger Safety Learning Portal - Online videos worth 1 CEU each. After watching the video, techs will take the online quiz and earn a CEU by correctly scoring 80% of the quiz to receive a certificate. Be ready to print your certificate.
- Kansas Traffic Safety Resource Office - After watching the videos, users must pass the test for each course with 80% in order to print a certificate of completion. Courses are worth 1 or 2 CEUs. Users may log in and out to complete the modules.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension - After watching each video, users must pass the test for each course with 80% in order to print a certificate of completion. Courses are worth 1 CEU. Users may log in and out to complete the modules.
Newsletters/Manuals/Journals (Category 5)
- Search for scientific articles at www.safetylit.org
- LATCH Manual quiz: At the Safe Ride News home page, click on "CEUs for CPSTs". Scroll down to LATCH manual section and click on the link (pdf) for the LATCH Quiz. To take the quiz, you will need to have access to a current LATCH Manual and enter a password found on the book's inside front cover. Safe Ride News: 800-403-1424
- Car seat manufacturer quiz: At the Safety Belt Safe USA home page, click on "CEUs for Recertification". To get to the quiz, you must click on the blue word quiz near the bottom of the page. SafetyBeltSafe USA: 310-222-6860
Resources: Offering a Technical Update with Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
- CPS CEU Preapproval Request Form - ver. 12/2021
- Tips for a Successful Update - ver. 8/2019
- Sample Passport #1
- Sample Passport #2
- Sample Agenda: 3 hour In-Store Update and Sign-In Sheet - ver. 2/2018
- Sample Agenda: 3 hour In-Store Activity and Sign-In Sheet - ver. 2/2018
- Sample Agenda: 4 hour In-Store Update and Sign-In Sheet - ver. 2/2018