The information on this page is customized for instructors and course administrators. If you are interested in attending a CPS Certification or Renewal Testing Course, please go to this page: The Certification Course.
Instructors and course administrators may schedule courses through their online profiles.
Here are the basic steps.
- From your online profile, choose “Add a New Course” from the action items list and follow the prompts.
- You’ll need to set up Certification and Certification Renewal Testing Courses at least four weeks before the course start date. Certification Courses require at least 24 scheduled hours and Certification Renewal Testing Courses require at least eight scheduled hours. Be sure that there are at least two instructors for each Certification or Renewal Testing Course. Instructor candidates may not teach the Renewal Testing Course.
There is a maximum of 10 hours per day and a course must be completed in less than 6 months. If you choose non-consecutive days, please consider storage for equipment and adding extra time for review.
- Any certified instructor may add a course but only those who have successfully completed the lead instructor (LI) quiz may be added as LIs. Certified instructors who wish to be LIs may take the quiz by clicking on the action item “Apply to Be a Lead Instructor” in their CPS online profile.
- You can use the course description field to communicate additional requirements and directions to prospective students. Check the “Wait List” box if you’d like to offer prospective students the option to add their names to a wait list for courses that are full. You can edit or delete the dates you’ve already added as long as the course status is “Pending”.
- To make the course available for registration, you will need to “Activate” the course.
For more information: Please refer to our Policies & Procedures Manual, and look under Course Administration, “Adding a New Course”.