If you are thinking about taking the CPS Certification Course or the CPS Certification Renewal Testing Course, you can check the timing and location first by searching for courses. Once you find a course you would like to attend, you will be prompted to either log in or to make a new online profile. You can also find a course when logged into your online profile.
Here are the basics for finding a CPS course:
- Log in to your CPS online profile
- Double check your contact information
- Choose REGISTER FOR A COURSE from the action items list in your profile.
- Search for courses in your area
- Search through the available courses. If you don't see one that works with your schedule, search again later. Courses are added regularly.
- Details about the course are available after you SELECT the course
- Choose REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE on the course details page
- Follow the prompts to pay $95 for the course
- Step-by-step instructions are available under Resources-FAQs/How To.
The only way to secure a seat is for the payment to be received. Registration for a course requires payment. Seats are not saved because you intend to pay by check or purchase order.
Once your payment is received and processed, you will be registered for the course, your name will appear on the course roster and your “status” will change from “Contact” to “Technician Candidate.” The course fee will appear as “Safe Kids Worldwide" on your bank card statement. Registration -– meaning that your payment has been processed -- is required by the end of the first day of the course.
Special Needs and Accommodations
If you have special needs, we will make every attempt to accommodate you. Please send a written request to the lead instructor of the course you plan to take, documenting the needs and specifying the accommodation you are requesting. The name, phone number and e-mail address of the lead instructor are found on the course information page.
Accommodations may be made on-site at the discretion of the instructor team depending on available resources. Additional documentation from a qualified professional may be required.
For more information:
Please refer to our Policies & Procedures Manual and look under Certification/Registration.
PLEASE NOTE: Registered organizations may register their affiliates for courses. See the Organization Management section of this website for more details.