You are here
Policies & Procedures
If you can’t find the answer to a certification-related question on this website, refer to the the National CPS Certification Policies & Procedures Manual.
Download or open the Policies & Procedures Manual. To find information quickly, try these tips for searching the manual:
- Click on the link in the Table of Contents to go to that section directly.
- Open the PDF. In the “Edit” menu (top menu bar), select “Find”. Enter your search word or phrase.
- Open the PDF. Hold the Control key and the F key on your keyboard. Enter your search word or phrase.
Safe Kids Worldwide constantly reviews, revises and clarifies our CPS certification policies and procedures based on the questions and feedback we receive. While the most recent manual is available here, check back from time to time for an updated version.
National CPS Certification Policies & Procedures Manual - ver. 12/28/2016
- 12/28 - Removed Tech Update as it is no longer available.
- 12/12- Updated to reflect course completion notifications emailed rather than mailed.
- 8/10 - Added 10 hour maximum class time per day and six month course completion requirement (not new policy but added to P&P)
- 6/21 - Deleted old reference in IC section.
- 4/21 - Clarified use of U.S. Certification course outside of the U.S. and its territories. (Page C-1)
- 2/22 - Increased maximum CEUs allowed from online/web updates from 5 to 6. Added third option of educational session to Community Education requirement.
12/23 - NHTSA School Bus Course CEU allocation updated to 5.5.
11/20 - Updated Technician Proxy Application and testimonial requirements
For assistance, please contact CPS Certification Customer Service toll-free at 1-877-366-8154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.