You are here
- Recertification Flow Chart - ver. 10/2011
- Personal Recertification Log - ver. 5/2012
- Instructor/Tech Proxy: Seat Check Skills Verification Log - ver. 4/2005
- Seat Check Sign off Checklist - ver. 9/27/2012
- CPS Board: Continuing Professional Development: What does this really mean for CPS Technicians? - 3/2012
- Technician Recertification Sponsorship letter - ver. 4/2009
- Tips on How to Earn Your CEUs (at home, no fees) - ver. 4/2014
Online/Web Sessions (Category 4)
- Safe Kids and State Farm present: Child Restraint Manufacturer: Dorel
July 23, 2014 from 2 pm - 3 pm ET (East Coast/NY time)
CPS CEUs available: 1 (CHES/MCHES credit is also available)
Register now: http://bit.ly/July23Dorel
- Online Profile - Three manufacturers provide online CEUs through special links in currently certified technicians' online profiles by clicking on the Online CEUs action item and selecting on Britax, Evenflo or Orbit. Follow the instructions provided.
- www.SafeKidsWebinars.org - 8 online presentations on School Buses, A Tech's Guide to Recalls, Transportation of Children in Vehicles Other Than Cars, Federal Regulations, Non-Federal Consumer Information, Transporting Children with Special Health Care Needs, New Technologies in Occupant Protection with an Emphasis on Vehicle Technology and Using Rear Facing Child Restraints Longer. Read the instructions and requirements carefully. You can take each webinar one time for CEUs.
- www.cpsboard.org - 5 online presentations worth 1 CEU each. Click on the "Earn CEUs Online" link on the right. Read the instructions and requirements carefully.
- www.buckleupnc.org/training/index.cfm - Online videos from NC CPS Conference worth 0.5 to 1 CEU each (5 CEU sessions are currently available). For CEUs, you must create an account on www.buckleupnc.org. Techs will only be able to take the quiz and earn CEU credits if they have created an account, are signed in, and have watched the entire video.
- http://www.ktsro.org/cps-technician-online-trainings - Five online Tech Updates on Recent CPS Research at UMTRI (1 CEU), No More CPS Guesswork: Identifying and Using the Right Technical Resources (1 CEU), FMVSS 213: The truth about Child Restraint Standards (1 CEU), Show trends in development of car seats (1 CEU) and Crash Dynamics: Why CPS Techs say what we say (2 CEUs). After watching the videos, users must pass the test for each course with 80% in order to print a certificate of completion. Courses are worth 1 or 2 CEUs. Users may log in and out to complete the modules.
- http://extensiononline.tamu.edu/courses/volunteers.php - Four online Tech Updates on Myth Busters, Communicating Longer Rear-facing to Parents, Hot Topics in CPS, Boosters-What Fits?, LATCH and HHW Seats, Transporting Children with Special Needs and What’s New in Child Safety Seats. After watching the videos, users must pass the test for each course with 80% in order to print a certificate of completion. Courses are worth 1 or 2 CEUs. Users may log in and out to complete the modules.
Newsletters/Manuals/Journals (Category 5)
- Examples of scientific articles - ver. 9/2013
- Search for scientific articles at www.safetylit.org
- 2013 LATCH quiz: At the Safe Ride News home page, click on "CPSTs/Professionals" then "Recertification CEUs from SRN". Scroll down to LATCH manual section and click on the link (pdf) for the 2013 LATCH Quiz. Safe Ride News: 425-640-5710
- 2012 car seat manufacturer quiz: At the Safety Belt Safe USA home page, click on CEU's for Recertification (under the column Tools for Techs). To get to the quiz, you must click on the blue word quiz near the bottom of the page. SafetyBeltSafe USA: 310-222-6860
- Tech Update: At the CPS Board's home page, click on Earn Recertification Credits. Scroll down towards the bottom of the page. You will have several editions to choose from. NOTE: Complete 2 quizzes for 1 CEU (1 CEU max)
- CPS CEU Preapproval Request Form - ver.8/2013
- Tips for a Successful Update - ver. 2/2012
- Sample Passport #1
- Sample Passport #2
- Sample Agenda: 3 hour In-Store Update and Sign-In Sheet - ver. 10/2012
- Sample Agenda: 3 hour In-Store Activity and Sign-In Sheet - ver. 6/2013
- Sample Agenda: 4 hour In-Store Update and Sign-In Sheet - ver. 10/2012
- Sample Certificate of Attendance - ver. 10/2012