You are here
- Recertification Flow Chart - ver. 10/2011
- Personal Recertification Log - ver. 5/2012
- Instructor/Tech Proxy: Seat Check Skills Verification Log - ver. 4/2005
- Seat Check Sign off Checklist - ver. 9/27/2012
- CPS Board: Continuing Professional Development: What does this really mean for CPS Technicians? - 3/2012
- Technician Recertification Sponsorship letter - ver. 4/2009
- Tips on How to Earn Your CEUs (at home, no fees) - ver. 2/2015
Online/Web Sessions (Category 4)
Brought to you by State Farm and Safe Kids:
- LATCH 2015: What the Curbside Tech Needs to Know
- Thu, May 21, 2015- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- Register now
- Safely Transporting Children by Ambulance
- Thu, June 18, 2015- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- Register now
- Car Seat Manufacturer Update: Evenflo
- Thu, July 16, 2015- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- Register now
- Online Profile - Three manufacturers provide online CEUs through special links in currently certified technicians' online profiles by clicking on the Online CEUs action item and selecting on Britax, Evenflo or Orbit. Follow the instructions provided.
- www.SafeKidsWebinars.org - Currently unavailable due to transition to a new system.
- National CPS Board - Online videos worth 1 CEU each. After watching the video, techs will take the online quiz and earn a CEU by correctly scoring 80% of the quiz to receive a certificate. Be ready to print your certicate.
- North Carolina Dept. of Insurance - Online videos from NC CPS Conference worth 1 CEU each (4 CEU sessions are currently available). After watching the entire video, techs will be able to earn a CEU by correctly completing 80% of the quiz to receive a certificate.
- http://www.ktsro.org/cps-technician-online-trainings - Eight online Tech Updates are available. After watching the videos, users must pass the test for each course with 80% in order to print a certificate of completion. Courses are worth 1 or 2 CEUs. Users may log in and out to complete the modules.
- http://extensiononline.tamu.edu/courses/volunteers.php - Five online Tech Updates are available. After watching each video, users must pass the test for each course with 80% in order to print a certificate of completion. Courses are worth 1 or 2 CEUs. Users may log in and out to complete the modules.
Newsletters/Manuals/Journals (Category 5)
- Examples of scientific articles - ver. 1/2015
- Search for scientific articles at www.safetylit.org
- 2015 LATCH quiz: At the Safe Ride News home page, click on "CPSTs/Professionals" then "Recertification CEUs from SRN". Scroll down to LATCH manual section and click on the link (pdf) for the LATCH Quiz. Safe Ride News: 425-640-5710
- 2014 car seat manufacturer quiz: At the Safety Belt Safe USA home page, click on "CEUs for Recertification" (under the column Tools for Techs). To get to the quiz, you must click on the blue word quiz near the bottom of the page. SafetyBeltSafe USA: 310-222-6860
- Tech Update: At the CPS Board's home page, click on Earn Recertification Credits. Scroll down towards the bottom of the page. You will have several editions to choose from. NOTE: Complete 2 quizzes for 1 CEU (1 CEU max)
- CPS CEU Preapproval Request Form - ver.8/2013
- Tips for a Successful Update - ver. 2/2012
- Sample Passport #1
- Sample Passport #2
- Sample Agenda: 3 hour In-Store Update and Sign-In Sheet - ver. 10/2012
- Sample Agenda: 3 hour In-Store Activity and Sign-In Sheet - ver. 6/2013
- Sample Agenda: 4 hour In-Store Update and Sign-In Sheet - ver. 10/2012
- Sample Certificate of Attendance - ver. 10/2012