You are here
Can’t Attend the Course?
If you have registered for a course and you are not able to attend, you have three options:
- Reschedule your registration to another public course
- Substitute a friend or colleague in your place
- Cancel your registration (Cancellation fee policy below)
You may choose any of these options as late as the first day of the course. To get started, log into your online profile, click on “View Course Registration History,” open the course information page and scroll to the bottom for options.
If you choose to cancel your registration, you will forfeit part or all of your registration fee.
- If the cancellation date is more than 10 days from the start date of the course, the system will refund the registration fee minus a $10 cancellation fee.
- If the cancellation date is between nine and one days prior to the start date of the course, the system will refund the registration fee minus a $30 late cancellation fee.
- If the cancellation is made on the first date of class, there is no refund.
- Substitute registrants cannot cancel registration, but can reschedule their registration for an upcoming public course. Find out more about public and controlled courses.
Safe Kids recommends avoiding cancellation fees by rescheduling to an upcoming course or substituting a friend or colleague.
If you must cancel due to an emergency, please download and submit the Emergency Fee Refund Application, found under Resources-FAQS/Forms.
Examples of emergencies
- Severe illness or hospitalization
- Military leave
- Transfer of employment
- Jury duty (or subpoena)
- Death in the immediate family
- Emergency call-up for disaster, fire or other public protection activity
Examples of non-emergencies
- Taking an alternative course at a more convenient time or place
- Unexpected travel
- Leave from job not covered in emergency examples above
- Decided course was not for you
For more information:
Please refer to our Policies & Procedures Manual, and look under Certification/Rescheduling, Substitutions and Cancellations.