You are here
- Recertification Flow Chart - ver. 2/2016
- Personal Recertification Log - ver. 2/2018
- Instructor/Tech Proxy: Seat Check Skills Verification Log - ver. 2/2018
- Seat Check Sign off Checklist - ver. 2/2018
- Continuing Professional Development: What does this really mean for CPS Technicians? - 2/2018
- Technician Recertification Sponsorship letter - ver. 2/2018
- Tips on How to Earn Your CEUs (at home, no fees) - ver. 2/2018
Online/Web Sessions (Category 4)
Brought to you by State Farm, the National Child Passenger Safety Board and Safe Kids.
CRS Usability: How caregivers interact with different lower anchor and top tether features
Thursday, July 26, 2018
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
- Online Profile - Two manufacturers provide online CEUs through special links in currently certified technicians' online profiles by clicking on the Online CEUs action item and selecting on Britax or Evenflo. Follow the instructions provided.
- Safe Kids Worldwide - Choose from a variety of online courses. Earn a CEU after taking each course and passing the online quiz. Users may log in and out to complete the modules.
- National CPS Board - Online videos worth 1 CEU each. After watching the video, techs will take the online quiz and earn a CEU by correctly scoring 80% of the quiz to receive a certificate. Be ready to print your certificate.
- North Carolina Dept. of Insurance - Online videos from NC CPS Conference worth 1 CEU each. After watching the entire video, techs will be able to earn a CEU by correctly completing 80% of the quiz to receive a certificate.
- Kansas Traffic Safety Resource Office - After watching the videos, users must pass the test for each course with 80% in order to print a certificate of completion. Courses are worth 1 or 2 CEUs. Users may log in and out to complete the modules.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension - After watching each video, users must pass the test for each course with 80% in order to print a certificate of completion. Courses are worth 1 or 2 CEUs. Users may log in and out to complete the modules.
Newsletters/Manuals/Journals (Category 5)
- Examples of scientific articles - ver. 6/2018
- Search for scientific articles at www.safetylit.org
- LATCH quiz: At the Safe Ride News home page, click on "CEUs for CPSTs". Scroll down to LATCH manual section and click on the link (pdf) for the LATCH Quiz. Safe Ride News: 800-403-1424
- Car seat manufacturer quiz: At the Safety Belt Safe USA home page, click on "CEUs for Recertification" (under the column Tools for Techs). To get to the quiz, you must click on the blue word quiz near the bottom of the page. SafetyBeltSafe USA: 310-222-6860
Resources: Offering a Technical Update with Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
- CPS CEU Preapproval Request Form - ver. 6/2018
- Tips for a Successful Update - ver. 2/2012
- Sample Passport #1
- Sample Passport #2
- Sample Agenda: 3 hour In-Store Update and Sign-In Sheet - ver. 2/2018
- Sample Agenda: 3 hour In-Store Activity and Sign-In Sheet - ver. 2/2018
- Sample Agenda: 4 hour In-Store Update and Sign-In Sheet - ver. 2/2018