The Lead Instructor is responsible for submitting the following online after completion of all Certification and Renewal courses:
- Hands-on pass/fail scores: A passing grade requires that the student passes all hands-on skills assessments
- Checkup attendance pass/fail score (Certification course only): A passing grade requires that the student attends and actively participates in a safety seat checkup event
- Written score: A passing grade requires that the student get at least 42 out of 50 (84%) questions correct
- Absent: Students who leave class before the course is over should have their grades entered online. If students are marked absent, it means they didn't come to class at all.
- Instructor candidate pass/fail evaluations (Certification course only): The written evaluation must be submitted to Safe Kids with the other return materials. If an IC is marked as failed, they have up to one year from the date they were approved as an IC to successfully teach a class.
- Actual teaching hours for each instructor: This should be as accurate as possible to ensure appropriate credit for re-certification. Once entered, these hours cannot be adjusted. No need to round to the nearest hour.
- IC hours are included for course tracking purposes. They are not applied towards the 20 required teaching hours for re-certification.
- Teaching hours are based on the number of hours of lecture and participation in hands-on skills exercises and testing. Just being in the classroom does not qualify for teaching hours.
- Example 1: You were a Lead Instructor with no lecture time, but participated in eight hours of hands-on work. You earned eight teaching hours.
- Example 2: You were an assisting (non-lead) instructor with five hours of lecture and 10 hours of hands-on work (includes 3 hours working with students at the check up). You earned 15 teaching hours.
Mentors can get up to 8 hours for being a mentor. If the CPSTI teaches or does hands-on work (as above), please also add them as an instructor.
Lead Instructors (Cert Course only) can earn up to 10 hours for being the LI. They are added to the actual teaching time.
Once everything is submitted online, the course enters a status of "Pending Finalization". This status will remain until all practical and the final exam scores (for Certification courses) are submitted and attached to the course roster. All information for the course must be correct. Failure to contact Safe Kids Worldwide immediately following data entry error may result in sanctions, including possible loss of instructor status.
PLEASE NOTE: Student scores do not have to be entered at once, however, the course can not be finalized nor pass/fail letters generated without all scores entered.
A final course roster with each student's official scores may be viewed online by the Lead Instructor or course administrator. The course roster is updated with students' practical and exam scores as they are entered by the Lead Instructor.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, click on the Policies & Procedures button on the Right. Look under Course Administration then After the Course.