If you have registered (paid) for a course and you are not able to attend, there are 3 options:
- Reschedule your registration to another public course
- Substitute a friend or colleague in your place
- Cancel your registration
Rather than lose any of your fee, Safe Kids recommends rescheduling or substituting a friend or colleague. All three options may be done through the first day of the course.
To do any of these, log into your Online Profile, click on VIEW COURSE REGISTRATION HISTORY, open the course information page and scroll to the bottom for options.
ALERT: Cancellation fees
- If the cancellation date is more than 10 days from the start date of the course, the system will refund the registration fee minus $10 cancellation fee
- If the cancellation date is between nine and one days prior to the start date of the course, the system will refund the registration fee minus $30 Late Cancellation Fee
- If the cancellation is made on the first date of class, there is no refund.
- Substitute registrants cannot cancel registration, but can reschedule their registration for an upcoming public (not controlled) course
If there is an emergency, please and submit the Emergency Fee Refund Form (under Resources-FAQS then Forms).
Examples of emergencies **DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED**
- Severe illness or hospitalization
- Military leave
- Transfer of employment
- Jury duty (or subpoena)
- Death in the immediate family
- Emergency call-up for disaster, fire or other public protection activity
Examples of non-emergencies (not eligible for refund)
- Taking an alternative course at a more convenient time or place
- Unexpected travel
- Leave from job not covered in emergency examples above
- Decided course was not for you
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Click on the Policies & Procedures button on the right. Look under Certification/Rescheduling, Substitutions and Cancellations.